Monday, July 16, 2012

The start of everything..

I apologize to those of you who expected thrifty little tricks & methods to gain gold from start, however every great plan was.. well, planned. You cannot build an empire without a foundation so as I usually do I did exactly that. Built my foundation so I don't have to worry about them a little ways down the road to side track my process and end up using money from profit.

First order of business.

With a fresh level 80 & no professions or gold I did the smart thing. I went out to the Cataclysm zone, did a little questing making sure to loot everything in sight and sell every quest reward even if it was useful to my character. We aren't raiding, we are here to make gold. When I say little questing I mean it, I made it 1/3rd the way through level 80 and went back to town with just over 200 gold to start with.

The first thing to establish was a personal guild bank, guild banks mean a HUGE increase in inventory room which we will need for dirt cheap. Its equal to buying bag slots 2-5 in your own personal bank for a lot more room purchasing the first tab. So I grabbed charter signs from new lowbies in the start zone turned it in and viola. Of course we also purchase the first tab.

Which left us with a sum of 100g, 1 Hypnotic Dust & 6 Embersilk Cloth. Realistically people looking for mats like to purchase complete stacks of items but thats to bad for them so I listed the embersilk cloth on the AH for 16g. The dust will go in the bank because the value of solo dust isn't much. We will end up grabbing a complete stack of that later.

So here we are with 100g what shall we ever do?

Pick up two wonderful professions we wont be keeping but enable gold building at the lower ends. Tailoring & enchanting. Craft Line Bolts with all the Linen cloth & learn the Brown Linen Pants pattern. Next I flew over to the Enchanting trainer & picked up enchanting. Buy out the strange dust from the vendor, grab the lesser essence and a copper rod to make your level 1 enchanting rod. Craft Brown Linen Pants and follow up by disenchanting them all. Yes, thats what all this work was for.

Take the Strange Dust and Lesser Essences & post them up on the auction house. After disenchanting everything and posting it on the AH I spent 42 gold in cost & made 161 gold for a profit of 119 gold. Take into thought I posted these at dirt cheap prices, you will be able to list them as high as possible (make sure to set auctioneer to under cut by 1 copper).

Clearly this isn't ground breaking gold but it is our what? Our foundation. We are starting with nothing and turning it into everything. Now while your items are on the auction house you can do one of two things, go farm or level up a bank alt to level five. Me being the seasoned vet, I opted to level up my bank alt. After hitting level five I ran him to town and parked him next to the mailbox and auction house where he will make his living.

Pictures of the fresh start & foundation being built: http://postimage.org/gallery/zruzuza/a383e06a/

Tomorrow we shall rip and run & build ourselves a minor pile of gold to start working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment