Monday, July 16, 2012

Building a little pocket book!

Now that all of our auctions have been listed and we made our banker alt & have him parked by the mailbox / auction house we will send gold over to him. He wont be holding all of our gold but we will keep him with a chunk so he can list whatever you send over to him. The advantage to having our banker alt is so that we dont have to break from our farming to list items on the auction house. We simply mail it over and keep farming.

Now while the auctions where listed I spent time farming, I needed to establish a bit of a base pocket book to be able to start working the auction house. I could of easily went and quested, earned gold & experience but I felt lazy so I went to an old WotLK hot spot to farm. It required no movement literally and the mobs ran to me, yes. They ran TO me. Figured I'd spend an hour out there & see what I came up with. After one hour exactly I came away with 67 raw gold, 100g worth of vendor trash, four greens which list at 25-35gold (just to move them easily) and 800 gold worth of frostweave cloth.

Totaled up, for one hour I came away with over 1k gold on a level 80 toon in old world content. Not bad. However 1k gold wont get us into the auction house market like we want to be so I will take a break then rinse and repeat this process a couple more times through the day to pad my bank roll.

There are many hotspots to farm around Azeroth, this is just one place worth your time when you are broke or starting to build a new gold pile. Questing can pay off, instances can pay off, low stress level areas like this pay off. Its all about what mood your in, never force yourself to find something that you dont want to. There is always an alternative.

Location of where I was lazy farming in link as well as my loot.
http://postimage.org/gallery/18smbmws/0ae46c3e

No comments:

Post a Comment