Monday, July 16, 2012

Expanding our bank roll!

Following up where we left off in the last entry, I was trying to communicate that you should never stick yourself in a stressful farm due to the amount of farmable material in Azeroth. I decided to expand on that more by taking a gamble, as we know gambles either pay off or you go flat broke (in this case flat broke will be wasted time). I flew out to Swamp of Sorrows to roll the dice on either a big payoff or a handful of wasted time. My target, Disgusting Oozeling which drops from the Oozing Bags dropped by the Oozes. Try to say that three times fast.

On this new realm they are listed on the Auction Hose for 7-12k. If they will actually sell at that price I don't know, which makes the gamble that more risky. None the less I will be under cutting the competition price wise & listing it for 5k gold. Simply because I know even if I had bank on this realm I wouldn't drop more then 5k for a farmable pet. If it was the Hyacinth Macaw (which I have two of) you might get a bit more then 5k out of me but even for that pain in the arse pet I wouldn't drop over 7k. At the end of the day it is just a pet.

When you do your farm runs you should have a set amount of time you run every time you farm. It creates a habit so you can constructively farm consistantly without quitting in the middle of it & it also transfers over to the real world when you need to stdy for school & such.

So I set my timer on the usual amount of time, one hour. I know already from my last farm that I can earn 1,000g an hour without having to move so hopefully this pays off with a 500% increase in profit. Taking risk are gonna come while building your wow fortune its the only way to expand your revenue, the key is to know which risk have a realistic payoff and which ones are hopes & dreams sprinkled in glitter sitting in a pile of.... you get my point.

My gamble paid off after only 16 minutes of farming I found the Oozeling. Which left me with 44 minutes of hunting. Now when you go on farms like this you never quit once you acquire your target. That is pointless. You farm your entire time because it does nothing but increase your profit. Typically I would mail the Oozeling off to my banker (THEY ARE UNIQUE if you are gonna hunt these, if you have one in your inventory the bag will NOT drop it again) then returned to farming but I dont have the knowledge of this realm to know if it is even going to sell so I am just gonna stop with my possible 500% increase in profit (if it sells) if I would of continued like I normally would of everything from that point on is simply icing on the cake.

Keep in mind we never want to stick all of our eggs in one basket so even if the Oozeling sells on your realm, it is still a supply & demand item which relys on another player wanting that item. Simply farming that as a main income because of the gold it nets will hinder your possible fortune. If you end up picking up more than one of these NEVER list multiples on the auction house. It only lowers the going price by everyone else having to under cut you and bring the value down for awhile, plus it presents the concept of it being easily farmed & people will take it upon theirself to farm it verses pay for it which eliminates all of your money and equals wasted time.

Target acquired: http://postimage.org/image/b6wko7lhx/

No comments:

Post a Comment